Advanced Small Diamond Course
This advanced training course (ATC) focuses on the quality check of small diamonds. This is especially interesting for members of the watch and jewellery industry. The course teaches participants how to define and control quality criteria for small diamonds. This course is highly interactive and is concluded by the delivery of the ATC-Diamonds Certificate.
3 days, 2400.- Swiss Francs
Aim of this course
The aim of this special course is to develop a consistent quality management routine for small diamonds in the watch- and jewellery industry.
This course includes various workshops: on the authenticity tests and on the quality control of small diamonds.
- The properties of natural diamond,
- The properties of treated diamonds,
- The properties of synthetic diamonds (HPHT & CVD)
- Introduction to diamond grading
- Identity criteria
- 4C’s rule – Carat weight, Colour, Clarity, Cut
- Practice of diamond grading (plotting)
- Introduction to the quality control of small diamond batches
- Sampling rules & AQL rules,
- Quality control of small diamond batches including:
- Presentation of mastersets